Thursday, July 21, 2011

Finally on the road.

After many sad good byes I made the final departure from Des Moines yesterday. The last few weeks have most certainly been a challenge but thanks to many hands, my van was loaded my neighbors garage is empty and I have begun this new adventure. I am finally in a place with wireless so can actually try and get this blog up and running.
The last drama was the van, it is really LOADED. I was unsure I could even get it over the mountains, but after two days of driving I am feeling much better.
Yesterday morning I hit the road about 6am and had a nice leisurely drive to Sioux Falls. I had to drive north to Albert Lea then across 90 because of the flooding on 29. It took a little longer but was a great drive, I just love to get behind the wheel and drive always feel like a grand adventure.

2 comments:

  1. O.K. Now I have gotten the gist of this. Now as Dad would say HAVE YOU CHECKED YOUR WATER & OIL, OOPS and your transmission oil ha ha ha is your car automatic? Take it easy remember it is only a sedan really not a semi ha ha. So glad you are on your way. Enjoy your trip did you get my travelling music thought it would make you smile. Lotsa love and good wishes. from Mex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops meant to mention too just because you have to go into places like McDonalds to get WiFi doesn't mean you have to EAT ... O.K. xxx

    ReplyDelete