Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The art of doing nothing!

I never really understood when I asked a few friends who have retired, what they did all day. Knowing I have my crafts and a million other things to do I have never worried about keeping busy. Then I discovered  how it feels to just not do much at all. Of course I am justifying it by saying "you have been so busy for so long, take a rest" but it sure is easy to just fill your days with nothingness. I keep planning to write on my blog and then the chaise lounge calls or a nap. I know this will end sooner than later as I will have to find some kind of way to add to my finances since rent is so expensive, but for now I am going with the flow.
At present I am staying with Travis. He lives on Sauvie Island, check it out. It is amazing, farms all around and I get to look out at where the Columbia and Willamette rivers meet.
Boats, boats, boats, I find myself sitting watching as barges, sailboats, jet skis, all kinds go by. It is a joke now as my son happily points out to  me "Look Mom, another boat" and then chuckles under his breath. I now have quite a collection of boat pictures.
What a sight to see the beautiful full moon the other night with the Vancouver skyline beneath it. Pinch me!

1 comment: